Visiting Students 2018/2019
The visiting student programme is aimed at students who wish to complete their education by studying certain subjects, chosen from all those taught at the university.
Students who are interested in studying in the ULPGC for one or two semesters outside an exchange program can do so as an independent fee paying student. These students follow the same procedures, need to meet the same entrance requirements as exchange students and pay the official rates.
Visiting students are all students or graduates from non-Spanish universities which, in order to extend their training or to have been admitted to ULPGC centres for a temporary stay, in order to be able to take part in the partial studies of the undergraduate or non-professionalised master’s degree courses given at this University and will get a certificate of their academic progress, in case they take any exams. However, the scores obtained as a visiting student won’t have academic official validity in ULPGC.
- 1º Semester: 1st March until 30th June
- 2º Semester: 1st September until 31st December
Once you have registered the documents to upload are as follows:
- ID card/passport
- Transcript of records (or University Degree for Master studies)
- Study program proposal (it is important that you have a relevant academic background for the courses that you apply for)
- For Master studies taught in Spanish, student must accredit at least Level B-1 for the Spanish language (CEFR)
And if your place has been accepted you will also have to provide the following documents:
- Public Insurance (European Health Insurance Card or equivalent)
- Health and Accidents Private Insurance (all exchange students need to hire a compulsory private insurance, even if you already have a public one): http://oncampus.es/en/seguros/oncampus-estudia/
- ADMISSION CAN BE RESTRICTED IN SOME FACULTIES (Additional requirements may apply depending on the courses/faculties they are applying for)
- Visiting students may apply for courses at both Undergraduate and Master levels
- Visiting students are allowed to take the maximum of 30 ECTS per semester;
- The enrollment at the courses will be subject to the availability of places in the courses;
- Visiting students cannot enroll the final project of undergraduate and master degrees.
- Visiting students are not eligible for mobility programs and are not entitled to complete a university degree at ULPGC;
- Visiting students are required to organize all aspects of their study abroad independently (admission, enrollment and non-academic requirements such as visas, accommodation and travel, living and academic expenses).
The final decision will be taken within two weeks after the application.
The price per credit is 70 euros.