The Relations with Africa Unit, coordinated by Prof. Germán Santana, makes it a valuable counterpart and university interlocutor with the Casa África institution in the development of academic and cultural activities.
OBJECTIVES OF THE RELATIONS WITH AFRICA UNIT
- Coordinate the ULPGC’s policy towards Africa.
- Promote the creation of an African Studies Group at the ULPGC.
- Encourage exchanges and mobility of ULPGC members with Africa and of African students, professors and researchers with the ULPGC.
- To lead the ULPGC’s institutional relations with Casa África and with other Spanish institutions linked to Africa.
- To carry out institutional relations with African consulates.
- Support the ULPGC’s cooperation with Africa.
- Promote the dissemination of the work carried out by the ULPGC towards Africa.
- To contribute to the training of African staff at the ULPGC and ULPGC staff in Africa.
- Encourage volunteering.
- Coordinate with other vice-rectorates, directorates and units of the ULPGC in the area of relations with Africa.
- Offer hospitality to representatives of African universities and centres visiting the ULPGC.
- To provide coverage for cultural events organised at the ULPGC in relation to Africa.
- To put the ULPGC’s research work in contact with Spanish companies, organisations and institutions for its promotion in Africa.